I’d like to start off by admitting something: I am a traitor. It’s been 18 months since I have posted on this blog. Why, you ask? I already told you. I’m a traitor. A Tumblr traitor.
So I started getting frustrated with WordPress because I couldn’t reblog the fun stuff that I found on Tumblr websites. So I switched. I know. Bad. But I needed a place to post all of my random awesome internet finds. Like this:
i know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that I’m one of those people who only blogs to write indie quotes on skylines or to talk about how all men suck. Well, no, that’s not true. I just like things that make me laugh, and posting on WordPress constantly is difficult. So now I have a photo/bullshit blog: labellealexandra.tumblr.com.
So, why am I posting on WordPress now? Glad you asked!
There have been a few updates since I last posted:
- I am now 22, which in Greek Life makes me OLD. Like get-that-girl-a-walker old.
- I run Sorority Recruitment. I hope you’re laughing about that seeing as I posted about The Strokes and wearing Toms.
- My sister got married one year ago in October.
- I am trying to figure out if I want a gap year next year or if I should go to Grad school.
- I switched my major from Graphic Design to English. Art is now my minor.
- My emphasis is Creative Writing.
There it is. I am a senior now majoring in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. That means that I write A LOT. That also means that I am taking English classes, one of which requires me to “make a WordPress account.” I thought about deleting all of the stuff from my sophomore and junior year in order to start fresh, but I reconsidered. Why delete something that I might want to look at one day? So here I am, resurrecting the blog that I swore I would keep up with. Get excited, people. Maybe take two will be better than take one.
So there have been some changes in 18 months, but there are also many things that have stayed the same:
- I still have a severe caffeine addiction.
- I still LOVE music. Mumford and Sons are the best thing ever.
- Fall is still my favorite season.
- Cardigans are still essential.
- Tea is always supposed to be sweet.
- I still love Toms.
- My cat is still adorable even though she now lives with my sister. More on that later.
- Friends change as you get older. I am learning who my actual friends are.
- Life is weird and random crap should always be documented.
- “We are intrepid; we carry on.” is still an amazing quote.
I’m Alexandra, and this is still me.
Annnddddd you’re welcome.